So, earlier in the week we reported on the news that Star Wars: Episode VII was coming in 2015 as the first fruits of the Disney/Lucasfilm deal, and now Mark Hamill has spoken out to EW about the new trilogy (yes, a trilogy!), admitting that George Lucas spilled the beans to him last year.

After Tuesday’s news blew up on the internet, Hamill confirmed how Lucas had already informed himself and Carrie Fisher that Episodes VIIVIII and IX were happening, and that Kathleen Kennedy was taking the reigns.

“I had no idea that George was going to sell to Disney until I read it online like everybody else,” Hamill explained. (quotes via TotalFilm)

“He did tell us last summer about wanting to go on and do [Episodes] VII,VIII, and IX, and that [newly appointed Lucasfilm president] Kathleen Kennedy would be doing them.”

As for his meeting with Lucas, Hamill revealed that Lucas had asked Carrie and himself to have lunch with him: “I thought he was going to talk about either his retirement or the Star Wars TV series that I’ve heard about [that takes place between Episodes III and IV] or the 3-D releases.

“So when he said, ‘We decided we’re going to do Episodes VIIVIII, andIX,’ I was just gobsmacked. ‘What? Are you nuts?!’ [Laughs] I can see both sides of it.

“I’m anxious to know what’s going on, but the main story [yesterday] was the sale to Disney. I have mixed feelings about that, but they haven’t done badly by Marvel and the Muppets and Pixar. It’s one of those big decisions that at first seems unusual but then the more you look at it, the more it makes sense.”

However, apparently Lucas didn’t give away any plot details, and Hamill still doesn’t know if he’ll be asked to reprise his famous role as hero Luke Skywalker: “He was just talking about writers and the fact that he wouldn’t be directing. I guess he wanted us to know before everybody else knew. He said, ‘Now you can’t tell anybody!’ [Laughs] Even now I’m nervous about saying anything. I just don’t know!”

So, we’re still in the dark about the story, but apparently a source at Lucasfilm has told E! that the new trilogy won’t be based on any existing material… interesting. No clues there, then.

However, fans are probably hoping to see Hamill and Fisher somewhere in the new trilogy, even if it’s just briefly. Right now it seems a bit up in the air, but stay tuned to find out more news on this as it comes in.